2nd HiGHmed Symposium
openEHR: Open Data Platforms in Medical Informatics
On Monday, 18 June 2018, the Heidelberg University Medical Faculty will host a HiGHmed Symposium on openEHR. The event aims to serve as a forum to discuss the chances and challenges of openEHR for research and healthcare provision in Germany.
In recent years, open platforms based on the openEHR standards have proven to be flexible, non-proprietary and semantically interoperable alternatives for the currently used information system architectures (monolithical, “best-of-breed“). The diverse fields of application of this approach range from health apps on the smartphone to elaborated clinical application systems, clinical registers, research data bases and national patient records.
International use cases for the successful application of openEHR, which will be presented at the symposium, include Eurotransplant, the HIMSS EMRAM level 6 certified children’s clinic of the University Hospital Ljubljana, Norwegian hospitals, 17 NHS Trusts, Genomic England and more.
- Gorzad Kalan - PICU Children's Hospital Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Silje Ljosland-Bakke - Nasjonal IKT, Norway
- Wouter Zanen - Eurotransplant, The Netherlands
- Ian McNicoll - openEHR Foundation, UK
- Birger Haarbrandt - Hannover Medical School and openEHR Ambassador, Germany
- Tomaž Gornik - openEHR Foundation, Slovenia
- Thomas Beale - openEHR Foundation/Ars Semantica, UK
- Luis Marco-Ruiz - Hannover Medical School
- Blanca Flores - University Hospital Heidelberg
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload Agenda Download Directions